Saturday, February 7, 2009

A view of differnce

Why is it that people that have never touched a camera believe that the minuet they see what you have taken they must over load you with their opinions on the matter. The last session I did was of a very good friend from high school. She makes such a great model, she is willing to do anything and just goes with the flow, it doesn’t hurt that she is beautiful. We had the best time last weekend and to be perfectly honest I love the pictures we got. I think that all of them turned out great. I used some different coloring, lighting, and stuff. Won’t bore y’all with photographer speak. Any who, I am just really happy with all of the effects I got, and yes some of them look a little different, a little unique, which in my opinion is a good thing. Apparently to others though it is just weird and you can not possible show the pictures to any one because they might think you have no idea what you’re doing. I hear this and look around and think “really…..you honestly believe I care what you think about what I do” I guess it is totally possible that I am just being touchy; I mean my mood lately has not been on the brightest side of things. Maybe I just read more into someone’s criticism. Here’s a secret though, I do not like criticism, constructive or not. Why is it so hard for people to think out side of the box? To maybe look at something and realize that although it is different it is still uniquely great.
I despise Cedartown; there is not enough room in this one horse town to spread my wings. The people here don’t even know what box I’m talking about much less thinking outside of it, most have no clue what art even consist of. If it isn’t a bunch of color selective stuff with names and dates stamped all over it, or some fake fences, timed poses, or practiced smiles then it can’t possibly be worth using. I guess I need to come to the realization that I cannot compete with free nor am I going to be able to convince people that there are other type’s photography and that it is a form of art. Nevertheless, I am going to keep right on doing what I do, because it is what I love and stop worrying over the art critics of Cedartown.

Texture by Louise @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/buzzby09/3257124863/in/pool-textures4layers


1 comments:

April said...

I am so feeling you on every.single.thing that you are talking about. This town blows. I am tired of trying to blow sunshine and bunnies up everyone ass, aren't you? LoL. I can't wait to see pics from this session, the one above is deliciously fabulous! I love me some yummy texture!