Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A bowl full of cherries

Have you ever heard the statement, “Life is like a bowl full of cherries”? Yeah well, I have decided that mine is like a bowl full of grapes. They come in a large bunch (This is just our life as a whole) some have seeds (I consider the seeds the really big issues we have in life). Some are squishy (these are the situations you just don’t know how to handle). Some are too small (small problems that arise and easily fixed). A few are way to big, you are sure they are on the verge of rotten (Of course big, huge problems that we can’t even begin to know what to do with and honestly are tired of fooling with). Then lastly there is that one grape that is perfect, it has the perfect shape, color, size, and no seeds. You can tell by looking at it that it will be just wonderful (this is how each day ends, a roof over our heads, food on our table, bedtime stories read, kids tucked in their beds, and spooning till sleep over takes). It aint so bad really to be a grape!

OK, silly I know, but I took this damn picture of these grapes and I really liked it. Looking at them got me to thinking (which is never a good thing) and this is what I came up with. Y’all have to cut me a little bit of slack though, my plate has been really full lately and I am running on about 4 hours sleep in the last three days. So, yeah things right now from me are going to be goofy.

Constance, so glad you made the jump into the wonderful world of blogging. Your poetry is wonderful and I will be looking forward to more…….get cracking!!

Mandi, the pictures are wonderful and you look fabulous, hot momma!!! I except to see some in frames next time I am there.

April, if it makes you feel better to know………you are not alone and I understand your issues. I am here in what ever capacity you may need me.

Mommy, I love you more than you know and I didn’t know you ever took your “super mom” cape off 8-)

5 comments:

Constance said...

I love your grape and life analogy! It's funny and still makes a valid point. I'm glad you like my poetry. I have insane amounts of it so should be able to share some every day! Everybody may get tired of it!

Wanda said...

I think you need to be a writer! Where do you come up with this stuff?????? Wonderful. I know this is your way of "handling" issues in your life, but if you wrote a book....I would buyt it (and not because I am your mom). I luv U 2 ;)

April said...

I gots a shout out! Thanks!

Cute picture. I took one nearly identical of cranberries a while back!

Jess said...

I know, you inspired me :)

Mandi said...

I love the photo and the grape analogy. I am the analogy queen, and I irritate myself sometimes. ;-)
I am so glad that you are able to find perfect moments in your life even when dealing with problems.