Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The last few days

It has been an interesting couple of days. Noah is home from school with pneumonia again. I decided to just go ahead and pull him out for the week and school him at home. Yesterday was the first day of “mommy school” as he says. This just confirms what I have been saying for years…….I am not a teacher. I really can’t focus on things long enough to teach someone something. Plus just because I understand it doesn’t mean by any stretch of the imagination that I can make it make sense to my six year old. Thank God Ms. Mathis sent home work sheets. We are on day two and needless to say Noah is sick of worksheets. Joseph is having a ball though; he is getting to go to school with brother. Hell that kid wouldn’t care if he was crawling through cow poo as long as it was behind Noah. Wow to be idolized like that…….I hope Noah can live up to it all. Noah has also had his fill of meds and breathing treatments. He can now hook himself up and knows when he is done, knows what time for meds, and what to take. Not that I let him do it all on his own, we have just been doing it for so long now that he knows all about it. Bless his heart, I do really feel for him. I mean look at this mess, this is everyday……we have been at this for over a month now. Hopefully it will be done soon. I am so ready for warmer weather. Hopefully with the warm weather and sunshine will come sick free days and cough less nights. We shall see.




So Valentine’s Day came and went. We have never really celebrated the day. We have never made it a point to go out to dinner just the two of us, or buy presents just because of the day. Around here the kids get candy and maybe a card and I usually buy Adam a card. But I decided a couple of years ago that I could buy Adam one card and if I didn’t put any dates on it I could just reuse it every year after, so I just quit worrying about it. Adam however has shocked me twice lately. Our ten year wedding anniversary passed in November and we had agreed that we would do something special when we had the money. So I didn’t really worry over it until he came home that night with the most beautiful card and a three page letter he had written himself. After crying like a fool and telling him how much I loved him, I felt like poo because I didn’t do anything for him. Well when Valentine’s Day rolled around the same rules applied nothing for each other. I had planned on ignoring that rule, but hadn’t been to town. He however had stopped in town and brought the boys some candy, a small toy and me…..well….look and the card was wonderful as was the new pillows he bought for the couch. I know it seems corny, but I love it and him. He is the best, if you don’t believe me ask his kids!


5 comments:

April said...

Awww I love ya'll and I am so glad it was happy day!

Vickie said...

I guess guys can be surprising when they want to be. :-)
Sorry the little one is sick....have you thought about alternative medicine? I seem to have much better results with that than the antibiotic, pain meds, and high bill that comes with it.

Mandi said...

Oh Jessica - that sounds horrible! Poor little guy! (and poor mom)
It sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day. Those husbands can be sweet sometimes. :-)

Constance said...

Poor baby! I hope he gets better quickly, and hey, the winter will soon be over! I'm glad you had a good Valentine's Day! How sweet!

Denise said...

Sorry your little man is still sick.Poor little guy.
And how bout the hubby of yours??? That's just so sweet.