Sunday, February 15, 2009

Death and Taxes

I know y’all have heard the phrase “There are two certainties in life, Death and Taxes”.I am also sure that I am no different when I say, I despise giving my money (or Adam’s money rather) I mean, come on, I eat bon-bon’s all day and watch soaps) to the government. It literally makes me sick that every dime we have has been taxed so many times that I still have to do it once more for good measure. I understand that there is a national debt, not my fault. I understand that there are third world countries that we gave money and aid to, not my decision. I even get the fact that we needed new tanks, boats, planes, and the such to fight a war, again not my decision. I doubt taxing every single dime that comes into this house several different times is really helping pay for all that debt. What do you think would happen if some of the congress men took a pay cut? Its like the CEO of Adam’s company last year got a 4.6 million dollar Christmas bonus. Why? That is ridiculous. Adam didn’t get any type of Christmas bonus. Imagine how far that 4.6 million would go, how many families that kind of money would help? Sorry, got off my point to this post. It just burns me up……..like you couldn’t tell.

Anyway, we sat down last night to do our wonderful taxes. I will have to admit that Adam and I both were dreading this. We had played around A LOT last year with his with holdings and now we were going to have to see what the damage was. We were both counting on owing several thousand dollars. Just the thought of that alone is enough to make you sick to your stomach. We both knew we couldn’t put it off and were praying that the IRS allowed payment plans.

I am going to tell you all one thing right now……….GOD is good, he is an amazing GOD, an all powerful, all knowing GOD. We are actually getting a little money back. We are not going to have to give one red penny back. I know that they will find another way to take it, but right now it is one small victory for mankind. Hope everyone’s taxes comes out well and maybe you all get enough back to do something out of the normal, something exciting!!!


And no this is not the funny story regarding tonight, that will have to wait until the morning.

3 comments:

April said...

yea! I am glad ya'll didn't owe anything! I was so sad because the day we got our tax money, we had to pay off the van, pay car insurance, and the mortgage. And there was not one dollar of it left :-(

Jess said...

Oh man, that bites!!! I really wish we could use ours for something great, but like y'all it will be spent being responsible. Doesn't it suck being a grown up :)

Wanda said...

Hey, what about me???? I've been paying taxes a whole lot longer and look what I have to show for it.........that's right- nothing :)