Friday, April 24, 2009

Bitchs and Birthdays

I got to thinking tonight as I sat in a quite house that all I have done lately is bitch. If it isn’t one thing or another that I have found to complain about. My last post was just this side of down right hateful and although it was justified, I was still being a bitch. I realized tonight as I went to check on my boys, watching them sleep, listening to their little sighs or mumble how lucky I truly am. It never fails to amaze me that me and the wonderful man I married brought those loves into this world.
Today is my hubby’s 32nd birthday and that got me to thinking just about him. The ins and out of why I love him so much. After ten years I still think my husband is the best thing short of my kids that ever happened to me. I wake up and smile each morning because he is beside me. I still watch him sleep sometimes and it always gives me that settled bone deep happy feeling. I still get butterflies in my stomach when he tells me he loves me. I wait for him to walk in the door everyday and have to walk him to the door every morning, just to get one last second with him and one more kiss. I can clearly recall the first time I meet him. The first time he told me he loved me and when he asked me to marry him. I can still remember his face when I told him we were pregnant and the first time he held each of his sons. I love him more today than I did ten years ago, I didn’t know that was possible. Did you know that every afternoon when he gets home before he does anything else we spend 10-15 minuets alone just talking and catching up about the day. Or that I can not go to sleep at night if our feet are not touching. I still think the way he smokes a cigarette is sexy. When I am upset the first thing he does to make me feel better is put his palm to my check, it is a perfect fit and it never fails to calm me. Did you know that on his phone I have a special ring (song) and when he answers he finishes singing it to me before he even says hello and yes I get giddy at that as well. That I stand by the window and watch his tail lights until I can no longer see them each and every morning as he leaves for work. Did you know that one of my favorite things in the world is cuddling with my hubby? He amazes me daily with his strength and faith. He loves children and would have a house full if he could and I would agree ;) Did you know that he used to play baseball and I still think it is sexy when he gets a chance to play? Yes corny I know, but I find it totally sexy when he is in the field on the tractor or in the garden “farming”. I love that he always wears a baseball cap. Do you know that from day one he has called me “baby” and on the rare occasion he uses my real name I look at him and wonder who he is talking about? He loves to camp and I love sharing a sleeping bag with him. Did you know that there is not one thing he wouldn’t do for me and his kids, literally? I married an amazing man and I am glad I got reminded of that fact! Happy Birthday hubby of mine!!

4 comments:

Mandi said...

Awwwwww. How sweet! Happy Birthday Adam! True love is the best thing in the world. :-)
You know, I also think the way Matt smokes is sexy (even though I don't really like that he does it).

April said...

Happy Birthday Adam!

joymom said...

The romance is still alive and well with you guys!!! I hope you and Adam have fun celbrating his birthday!

Wanda said...

I feel that I truly am lucky also. I know that Adam loves you and for that I am eternally grateful. Every mother wishes true happiness for her daughter and I truly feel that mine has found it! Happy Birthday, son-in-law! I love you too!