Thursday, June 25, 2009

Irony…..

It is such a small simple little word. However it holds so much meaning. There was a time that I didn’t really understand the meaning of it, but over the years I have learned how in most cases it can and will bite you in the ass.

My children, well one child sleeps like the dead. You could literally yell in his face and he would no more hear you or care than would the neighbor down the road. Then there is my other…..his little eyes fly open at the sound of my bed sheets binging turned back for me to climb out. Around here during the summer we go to great lengths to be as quite as possible, because everyone in their right mind knows that you do not want a bright eyed bushy tailed child bouncing on your head or prying your eye lids open at 6 am if there is no need. Believe it or not I have mastered the art of tip-toeing; I am very light on my feet and move quit quickly for a large person just to keep from waking said child.

Although we (as in me and the kids) have no need to be up at the crack of dawn, Adam does and I have gotten used to sleeping past his wake up call. Joseph on the other hand like I mentioned before can hear Adam up and getting ready and there for wants to be up at 5:45. I am none to happy with this fact. So this morning anticipating his little hinny getting up when his dad did I pulled myself out of the bed and stayed up even after I had gotten Adam off to work knowing that not to much longer Joseph would be up ready and raring to go. The thought of going back to bed never crossed my mind, because I really thought “What’s the point”. This is where the irony comes into play. It is now 9:55 a.m. and my darling little blue eyed blond headed child is still blissfully asleep, sleeping as if he has not slept in months. If I was a mean and spiteful mother I would go in there bounce on his bed and pry his eyes open while seeing what various things I could find to stick in his nose. Fortunately for him I am a good kind loving mother who will sit here and enjoy the silence just a little longer.

4 comments:

Mandi said...

That's the kind of irony I like! I hope you enjoyed your morning alone.
By 6:00, I always have a toddler jumping on my head. Oh how I wish they could all sleep like Luke in the summertime and wake up as easily as Rosemary on school days!

April said...

Seriously, That ALWAYS happens to me! Whatever I anticipate them doing, they do the exact opposite! At least you got your quite time in this morning and therefore you can go to bed at a descent hour tonight!

joymom said...

He he he...little booger fooled you today! I am glad you had a little while to chill before their little feet hit the floor running!

Constance said...

lol! I know where you are coming from here! I had this same experience just yesterday! It is very frustrating! At least you had some peace for a little while. That must have been nice!