Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Feelings

I just have to say that having your feelings hurt sucks. Most people don’t even realize that they have done it nor did they really mean to. I know that mine were not hurt intentionally. I know that it is silly that I am even concerned with it. I know that I should let it go, should not give it a second thought, but yet here I am worrying over it, not letting it go, still mopping that my feelings were hurt in such a simple way. It bothers me more than I care to admit that I get paranoid about relationships, that I sometimes feel like I care more about people than they do me. I have always thought of myself as being tough skinned and then something like this happens and I get knocked down a few pegs. I have got to learn to not get so attached, to set myself apart more. I need to stop trying to be someone I am not nor will ever be to certain people. To stop pushing myself and a relationship on them that they do not care to have. They do not see our friendship the same way I do. They are not on the same level I am with it. No matter what, they will not think of me in the same way I think of them. I just need to face facts that things are the way they are and there is nothing I can do about it. I have to come to the realization that although I consider some people very important the feeling is not mutual. I am not saying that they don’t care about me or consider me a friend, they just do not see our friendship the same way I do, do not see it as important as I do. I will not be doing this again. Once again I have learned my lesson the hard way.

4 comments:

April said...

oh, I am so sorry that you have had your feelings hurt! It is a crappy feeling! Love you!

joymom said...

I am sorry that you got your feelings hurt too!!! I have been worried about you for some reason lately....I have called you a few times and texted and haven't heard from you. I hope everything is okay with you and your family!!! Call me and let's get together VERY SOON!!!!!! I really hoped you would come swimming yesterday!

Mandi said...

I'm sorry! That really does stink. But remember that the person most likely did not mean to hurt your feelings and may not even know that he or she did hurt your feelings. I hope things can be patched.
Happy late birthday to Joseph!!! I can't believe that little baby is 4 already! Did he have a happy day? Did you do anything special?

Denise said...

Jess, I think you're the type of person who just wants to give of herself because she loves to show how much she cares. I'm sorry someone hurt your feelings. But try not to change who you are. I'm sure those who know you and love you can't imagine you being any other way. <3