Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Life comes at you fast!

I never truly understood when people would tell me to cherish and enjoy your early years; it goes by way to quickly. I got a small taste of that when I graduated from high school. Man, those four years flew by. Next thing I knew I was married and building a house. Then words from women higher in the pecking order than me said “oh after you have kids the time will fly by, make sure to enjoy them being young”. Again, they were right. You think I would learn to listen. In the past month so much has gone on and we have been so busy that I haven’t had a lot of time to sit back and reflect on things past. We have taken a field trip to the Zoo, had muffins with mom, teacher appreciation week, jump rope for heart, half day, exam day, a sick day, spring carnival lasted a day, pajama day, movie day, chapel day, finished up baseball (thank God) in a day, Mothers Day, over night company for two days, a bike show, primitive camping trip gone a day, water guns on a Tuesday, a day at the Jackson’s cabin by the lake, wacky day, backwards day, had a surprise party one day, took graduation pictures on a Wednesday and awards day, all to get to the last day. We also celebrated Noah’s birthday with a small get together and a few presents this past Saturday. I am now a mother to a second grader. Soon to be a mother of a seven year old, a mother to a 7-8 year old baseball player, a football lineman, a swimmer, still a mother to a knight, soldier, music lover, camper, Jedi, a couch potato, book lover, an honor roll student, and a great little kid. See life comes at you fast. Noah is turning seven today and not to long after Joseph will turn four. I am sad that Noah has spent his last year at the small little lower campus. We had gotten used to that little place, knew the faces, couldn’t get lost, and Noah loved being the big guy on campus. Now he will go to the upper campus, where it smells like a real school, there are so many hall ways it’s like a maze, and he will be at the bottom of the totem poll. What is even more mind blowing is that Joseph will be starting soon. Man, they are truly growing up and it bothers me more than I thought it would. Sorry for the rambling……on to the good part (pictures) Just sharing a few of the past month! Hope everyone has a good day and has a great week ahead!!!!




















4 comments:

Mandi said...

Whew! I'm exhausted just reading about all you have done this month! Is it over? Great pics. Tell Noah I hope he had a happy birthday. It just doesn't seem possible that he could be 7 already!

joymom said...

I can't believe Noah is 7!!! Happy happy birthday to him!!! I hope you and the boys get to kick back and rest this summer! Like Mandi I am tired just reading about all of the activities you have had going on lately. I love the pictures of the kids!!! They both are getting so big and handsome! I love the pictures of your grandparents aka my adopted grandparents!!!! I love those two and have GOT to go see them! I also loved the ones of your parents...your mom looks so pretty and your dad just looks plain ole mischevious...he is a stinker from way back!!!!!!

Constance said...

Wow! He's 7! That seems unreal! I can't believe how busy you've been either. Good grief! I hope you can all slow down for just a little while soon!

Denise said...

Awww it does go by way too fast. But things get different and then you'll cherish those moments too.
Can't believe how grown he looks!! Like a young man, not a boy at all